Thursday, October 30, 2008

Words words words - roots beginning with AB

I can do this easily, but I can't publish it all at once usefully (nor necessarily accurately - I hope we have better than 80% accuracy). I am pondering how one could get a 'read' on word usage. I may go ahead and publish a bunch of tables just to observe the detailed patterns - and then see if there is a further clue to 'summarizing' vocabulary patterns in the Psalter...

Note: these posts are the outputs of an initial algorithm for finding the root - in comments feel free to tell me what the right answer should have been for any line or lines so I can refine the algorithm.

A list of all the words in the psalter where the root begins with alef-bet:

PSALM ROOT USAGE
Psalm --1 )BD תֹּאבֵד shall perish
Psalm --2 )BD וְתֹאבְדוּ and you perish
Psalm --5 )BD תְּאַבֵּד You will destroy
Psalm --9 )BD וְיֹאבְדוּ and perish
Psalm --9 )BD אִבַּדְתָּ You destroyed
Psalm --9 )BD אָבַד זִכְרָם perished is their memory
Psalm --9 )BD תֹּאבַד will not perish
Psalm -10 )BD אָבְדוּ Perished
Psalm -21 )BD תְּאַבֵּד you will destroy
Psalm -27 )BY כִּי אָבִי for my father
Psalm -31 )BD אֹבֵד broken
Psalm -35 )BL כַּאֲבֶל אֵם as one lamenting a mother
Psalm -37 )BD יֹאבֵדוּ will perish
Psalm -39 )BY וּכְאֵבִי and my sorrow
Psalm -41 )BD וְאָבַד and perish
Psalm -44 )B אֲבוֹתֵינוּ our fathers
Psalm -45 )BY אָבִיךְ your father
Psalm -49 )BD יֹאבֵדוּ perish
Psalm -55 )BR אֵבֶר wings
Psalm -68 )BD יֹאבְדוּ will perish
Psalm -68 )BY אֲבִי a father of
Psalm -68 )BR וְאֶבְרוֹתֶיהָ and her feathers
Psalm -73 )BD יֹאבֵדוּ will perish
Psalm -78 )B צִוָּה אֶת אֲבוֹתֵינוּ he commanded our fathers
Psalm -80 )BD יֹאבֵדוּ they perish
Psalm -81 )BH לֹא אָבָה would not accept
Psalm -83 )BD וְיֹאבֵדוּ and will perish
Psalm -88 )BD בָּאֲבַדּוֹן in destruction
Psalm -89 )BY אָבִי my father
Psalm -91 )BR בְּאֶבְרָתוֹ With his feathers
Psalm -91 )BN בָּאֶבֶן with a stone
Psalm -92 )BD יֹאבֵדוּ they will perish
Psalm -95 )B אֲבוֹתֵיכֶם your fathers
Psalm 102 )BD יֹאבֵדוּ will perish
Psalm 103 )B אָב עַל בָּנִים a father to children
Psalm 106 )B עִם אֲבוֹתֵינוּ with our fathers
Psalm 106 )B אֲבוֹתֵינוּ our fathers
Psalm 112 )BD תֹּאבֵד will perish
Psalm 118 )BN אֶבֶן A stone
Psalm 119-A-H )BY וְאַבִּיטָה and I will look to
Psalm 119-A-H )BY וְאַבִּיטָה I will see
Psalm 119-K-* )BD לְאַבְּדֵנִי to destroy me
Psalm 119-Ts-T )BD אֹבֵד that has perished
Psalm 142 )BD אָבַד failed
Psalm 143 )BD וְהַאֲבַדְתָּ destroy
Psalm 146 )BD אָבְדוּ perished

No comments: