Monday, December 17, 2007

Searching by form - trouble.

Searching by form without a consistent lexical form is not easily solvable by me. I think it is possible to do something - but it would take a collaboration between programmer and lexical expert. All I can do without much more time and study is byte size analyses by hand - seeing the desired result but having to code the filter manually. E.g. in the following, the lexical form is YKX but the lexical form never occurs in the psalms. Instead the forms KYX (with a mater and the prefix dropped) and VKX (with substituted prefix and mater dropped) occur. The search also turns up some false positives since the same form occurring in the text may be a different word.

The search condition for this is: keyword contains 'KYX' or 'VKX'. Does it find all the occurrences of rebuke in the Psalms?

How could I improve on it? What did I miss?

The columns are
letters without consonants, Psalm, English, Masoretic form, transliteration

TVKYXNY Psalm --6 rebuke me תוֹכִיחֵנִי tokixéni
TVKYXNY Psalm -38 rebuke me תוֹכִיחֵנִי tokixéni
TVKXVT Psalm -38 any arguments תּוֹכָחוֹת tokaxot
BTVKXVT Psalm -39 with corrections בְּתוֹכָחוֹת btokaxot
)VKYXK Psalm -50 will I rebuke you אוֹכִיחֶךָ )okixka
)VKYXK Psalm -50 I will rebuke you אוֹכִיחֲךָ )okixaka
VTVKXTY Psalm -73 and my rebuke וְתוֹכַחְתִּי vtokàxti
VKXVL Psalm -78 and as the sand of וּכְחוֹל ukxol
YVKYX Psalm -94 be right יוֹכִיחַ yokiàx
VYVKX Psalm 105 and he rebuked וַיּוֹכַח vàyokàx
VYVKYXNY Psalm 141 let him rebuke me וְיוֹכִיחֵנִי viokixéni
TVKXVT Psalm 149 and corrections תּוֹכֵחוֹת tokéxot

No comments: